View Single Post
      02-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
LBH23
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Exec Pack Frustration!

Let me state, I am on my third BMW. I love the company and their cars. I have also driven Porsches and understand the option game well. Never have I been as frustrated with options as I am with this particular car. It is a $70,000 car and you cannot even have the option of a rear-view camera OR PDC without dropping $4,300. It is beyond infuriating. I have a garage in an alley with a tight turn and some reversing in tight spaces to get into my spot, the PDC I have on my car now has saved countless bruises. Other than sat radio, I have not a need or desire for one other option in the Exec Pack, yet cannot either of these a la carte....poor treatment of their customers....and I would think BMW might consider M3 customers as an important part of their fanboy base. How about a frickin' bone??

Do you think going aftermarket with rear view cam would be a good idea? I know there are a few variants for the F30, I would think they would apply to the F80? Any advice - anyone else want to vent. Almost forgot, my assistant just got a new Kia - comes standard with satellite radio, my $70,000 plus car....it does not. And yes, I know it is a performance car - but some of us like to take our performance cars on long weekend drives and satellite radio is the absolute best for long drives.

LBH
Appreciate 0