View Single Post
      10-26-2017, 05:50 PM   #256
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
You are mixing up the arguments. I said it myself that the interiors between CRT and GTS were different. I was saying that M3 GTS received even more modifications than the M3 CRT yet it didn't get the option code.
Did you enumerate and compare parts? I kid, but come on, it’s not worth further debate is it? By far what’s most important is that this car is objectively on a different trajectory than the M4 CS. Different development timeframe, different production run length, and no doubt different content. To me that tips the odds toward a different branding strategy. So you don’t agree, ok, that’s great, we don’t have to agree on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
That 317kw on the buildsheet means absolutely nothing.
Boy you sure seem to want this to be a big conflict. Didn’t I just say that the 317Kw engine is not what I would expect in the production car?

Quote:
I'm coming back to the M3 GTS for the tenth time already. Look at the M3 GTS buildsheet, look at the F80 M3 CS buildsheet.
Yep, looked at those, chief. Moving on.

Quote:
And no, this is not a sequel to the CRT. Why? Because BMW did plan M3 CRT to the point that the model code was assigned to it back in 2015. However, since nothing come out of it by now, we can safely assume it was simply cancelled.
Maybe the new M Boss simply realized what a totally campy moniker “Carbon Racing Technology” was, and decided to start over from scratch.
Appreciate 0