RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Reviews are starting to come in of the latest F-series car, the F15 X5 and they are not good if you like me lament the change BMW has made from taut, communicative and agile cars to soft, vague luxo cruisers. It's the same old story with the F15, steering is bad and suspension is smooth but not sporty. I really hope the F80 brakes away from all F-series dynamics and steering and actually improves on them instead of at best retaining and more likely degrade from the current car. Is it possible? I'm growing more and more concerned but I dearly hope so.

I do find myself trying to make the numbers work for a 991 though. BMW, time to drop some more juicy F80 info to keep us inline.
I agree that this is not a good thing to hear about another new BMW product. Regardless of size, whether SUV/SAV/Sedan, Coupe, a BMW should be known for handling, steering, and overall driver excitement. Kind of like a Volvo should be known for safety. However, I think Porsche has shown regardless of how large the Panamera is, the Cayenne, etc., whenever someone drives one on the street or track during a review they are left with largely positive feelings about the cars performance. I have seen in reviews that state the Panamera and Cayenne should not handle like they do and that they seem to defy physics. I feel that BMW should be able to produce the same positive reviews from their sedans and SUV's let alone any of their M performance offerings. Which I still feel bad that the M5 has not even come close to owning AMG or the Audi S6 (not even an RS) for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I love BMW, but I don't like the recent reviews over the last several years and I really hope my M4 will be different.
Appreciate 0