View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
supaswol
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

***BMS oil catch can "HOSE" issue...Public service announcement***

I ordered a BMS oil catch can for my F80. After trying to install it I come to find that the silicone hose it comes with is too small on one end to fit over the valve cover nipple. I tried heating it, stretching it, greasing it. God himself wouldn't be able to get this hose to fit the valve cover nipple. I was also told to slit the hose and use a clamp to hold it in place Temporarily till the new hose arrives. I tried that and wont work because there is not enough hose material to cover the nipple and I would have an air leak. I waited weeks for this to arrive and now it seems I will have to wait longer for a hose that fits to be made and shipped to me. On top of that I will have to repeat the install process all over again because of this issue. What really disappoints me is this was a known issue with BMS and the vendor I bought this catch can from yet I was still sold this unit, kinda sad. I wish the vendor and BMS would have been proactive and replaced all the defective hose before selling them to customers like myself. This is an FYI for anyone ordering this, make sure you ask your vendor if the hose is the right size.

2016 M3/6-spd/ZCP/CCB/Mineral White on Black
HEX Tuned - Stage 1 by VF Engineering
IG: @JAYT_M3

Last edited by supaswol; 07-20-2018 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 1