11-25-2020, 03:24 PM   #48
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C_OZ View Post
How was your experience with the turbos ? Or you are just going with what people say in the forums?
I have first hand experience with:

Kratos = solid DBB turbos with smooth runners on turbofold, super fancy packaging, good customer service (very reasonable); never installed, sold to someone who put them to better use.

GC+ = cheapest option of the bunch, but I'm very happy with how they perform over the last 900+ miles. Packaging was nothing fancy, but was appropriately filled with packing peanuts.

You'll need an aftermarket intake, as well as, trim the Bank 1 silicone inlet tube. Or you can do a DIY improvisation to the factory intake tube using PVC piping. VTT recommends aftermarket intakes for obvious airflow reasons. I've heard of others needing to bend the factory heatshield for fitment. However, I had a local shop install my set, and they didn't mention anything about the heatshield.

Some people are probably not going to like hearing this, but I compared the turbofold with the Kratos units, and honestly couldn't tell the difference from a visual observation. Both look very similar.

Received a pair with very minor machining imperfection on the turbine housing, in which, Tony offered to swap locally. In my experience, Tony has always been responsive and professional via email.

PS2 HF = good top-end performance, time to torque was a bit slow for my liking, developed a major oil leak after ~30k miles (expected due to type of use); sent to Pure for a full rebuild before selling them.

A+ customer service from Pure, but packaging was only decent using industrial grade dual-corrugated cardboard and some thermoform foam packaging that left a section of the units exposed. For reference, I sent the turbos using a brand new 7-gallon heavy duty Home Depot tote with 2-3 inches of bubble wrap.

Last edited by FriedPiston; 11-25-2020 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 7