View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 07:30 AM   #24
scott13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 | BSM | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt31st View Post
I have a 2016 F80 non-competition that I ordered new and paid off earlier this year. Had planned on eventually trading it for the G80 but I hate the new look and will never consider getting one now. So my plan is to just keep my F80 for several more years. I got it in June of 2016 and it only has 30k miles. I will put even fewer miles on it now as a daily driver because I work 2 miles from home and don't take it on trips anymore. Probably only putting about 6k miles per year on it going forward max.

So the question is whether it would be worth trading for a slightly newer Competition package F80. Maybe a 2017 or 2018 with the minor upgrades it has. Keep in mind that I will be driving it everyday and will not be going to the track or modding it. I've seen some reviews saying the competition version is much stiffer and not great for daily driving. Of course some would say the same thing about the base model. Also curious about whether the seats in the competition are better aside from just looking different. I guess my question is if I plan to keep it for another 5 years or so, would I prefer to have the best version of this car? Or should I just keep what I have and enjoy having no car payments? Appreciate any advice
I was in a somewhat similar boat. Had a 2015 non-comp, non-EDC suspension and once I saw the pics and specs on the G80, bought a 2020 Comp with EDC.

I feel like most of the differences between the base and comp are largely cosmetic...and I do like them quite a bit...but the one thing I've really noticed is how much more I like the ride on the comp with EDC. I actually think it rides smoother, tighter and more compliant than my non-comp/non-EDC. Roads by me are so horrible, they can only be considered "roads" in the strictest definition of the word and I keep EDC set in Sport pretty much 100% of the time.
Appreciate 0