10-26-2017, 07:13 AM   #209
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
huh? have you seen the M3 GTS interior?
Sure. It's spartan like it should be. I am just saying the CRT went in a completely different direction and doesn't share those parts. And has its own special interior too, including the special carbon fiber seats.

Does the M4 CS have any new interior parts? I don't think it does, right? It's all taken from the GTS to the best of my knowledge. Yet, an M3 CS, if it is to have a similar custom interior, would in fact need a few new parts.

I guess we could debate this ad infinitum, but my point wasn't to split hairs. We may not agree fully on the semantics, but the fact remains there are unanswered questions about this new M3 variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
One should also be so fair, to say quite clearly, that inside information is usually momentary and usually show only one side of the medallion.
But taking at face value what someone says they saw, or says they were told by some engineer, or says they have inside info about just leads to the spread of misinformation. Those things can be easily made up and often are. If we just let it all go unchecked with no filter, then by definition we have no rumor control.

The less resistance people perceive, the more of that type of shenanigans you see. So, thank you for understanding the dynamics of how credibility is established and challenged on the internet.
Appreciate 1