mbchris
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Volvo S90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricfutures View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I have a tough time understanding this article... the price of US made BMWs going to China will increase? Lol that sounds like a serious hit to China / BMW more so than the USA. BMWs profits as a corporation do not remain in the USA and with the growing economy in China; this hurts BMW and China more so than in any way the US. We are still the largest market for cars coming out of that plant if I am not mistaken... don't worry about the jobs. this would be how a trade war works.
Cliff notes version: Increased pricing will most likely lead to lower demand. Lower demand = less production = less workers. Net/net this is a loss for BMW and US, specifically the people employed in these US plants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricfutures View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I have a tough time understanding this article... the price of US made BMWs going to China will increase? Lol that sounds like a serious hit to China / BMW more so than the USA. BMWs profits as a corporation do not remain in the USA and with the growing economy in China; this hurts BMW and China more so than in any way the US. We are still the largest market for cars coming out of that plant if I am not mistaken... don't worry about the jobs. this would be how a trade war works.
Cliff notes version: Increased pricing will most likely lead to lower demand. Lower demand = less production = less workers. Net/net this is a loss for BMW and US, specifically the people employed in these US plants.
You really think so? Are you thinking short or long term?

Once there is some pain, all parities will come back to the table. Negotiate. Then things will normalize again. Some products will gain. Others will lose. Same for countries. The question is, who has more to lose? They may end up in a worse deal.
Appreciate 2