11-25-2018, 07:02 AM   #3
instarand
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydd View Post
Hi all,

I apologize if this is a subject that's been discussed before, but I've been having a heck of a time trying to find the right tires for my '15 M3 sedan with the 437M stock 19 inch wheels.

I don't plan on keeping the car for more than a few years, so I'd rather swap the stock 255/275 PSS tires in the winter for winter tires.

My questions are these:

- Does the winter tire for the rear wheels have to match the load rating that the PSS has? I believe the PSS are 275/35/19 100Y XL and I'm having trouble finding 275/35/19 100 XL winter tires.
- Can you (without causing DSC problems or otherwise) mount 255/35/19 winter tires on the 437M rear wheels? Tire Rack's website is recommending a square setup but both the dealership and my local trusted installer said they wouldn't fit 255 tires on the car if the OEM size is 275.
- Lastly, I can much more easily get a set of Continental DWS06 tires that match exactly the OEM sizes front and rear. I've heard these are the best performing (but still not a true winter) all-season tire for light snow duty. If I live in a city like Pittsburgh that doesn't get many major snow storms and the roads are typically salted, would the DWS06 be sufficient?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Call tirerack customer sales support. I've had excellent experiences with them. They'll be able to tell you every possible combination of wheel and tire, sizes, etc., and will help compare pros and cons of each setup. They use software that knows your car exactly (dimensions, spacing, clearances, loads, ratings, etc.) Tell them your use case and what you're trying to accomplish and they'll help.
Appreciate 0