View Single Post
      06-17-2020, 02:44 PM   #38
deli333
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00bies View Post
good coilovers are suppose to absorb bumps and cracks. not bounce like a pogo stick imo.
I think this is where problem begins. If yo don't want pogo stick it means that you want chassis to absorb impact, shock don't do much, but if you want shocks do the work there are some occassions where pogo stick begings. Please someone correct me if above statement is wrong.

While good coilovers completely absorb bumps and handle them extremely well it takes some time to settle. So meantime if you hit another bumps or cracks before suspension fully recovers that is when multiple bounces/pogo sticks begin. I have been trying to find a good balance between them but haven't found a solution yet.

Low speed bounce mostly happens in some uneven roads where the road have some soft ups and downs where suspension reacts to much and it gets worse when fronts trigger rears or the vice versa.

I also still believe we need some terminology here in suspension forum to have a consistent chat. I noticed sometimes people talk about completely different things by using same words.
Appreciate 0