View Single Post
      12-20-2017, 07:50 AM   #94
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
hey, sorry to bother you, but can you help me out?

I still can't figure out how to use the features. I figured out how to toggle through the screens with the short and long presses, but I'm not sure what I'm actually doing. I figured out how to set the RPM limits for the lights, and I think some type of oil/water temp, g-meter, and efficientdynamic mpg metric.

But I don't know how to actually use it. I don't know how to put it in the mode to the g-meter to actually work, or to how me current oil/water temps as shown on the BMW youtube video.

The only thing I kind of figured out was on the same setup screen for the RPM limit, the shift lights turn on, and it reads the current RPM, but based on what I saw on the video, that's not the actual screen to show the shift lights.

Any help please? It's frustrating have such a cool wheel staring at you in the face everyday and not knowing how to use it.

Can someone just scan or photograph a few of the pages in the user manual on how to operate this thing? I'd greatly appreciate it!!!
I don’t have access to my car or the user manual at this time, but I’ll try to help from memory.

You sent the rpm redline so you shouldn’t need to go into the setup screen again until you want to change it.

As for the other features... there are four main menu buttons: eco mode, setup/config and one mode with a pic of a timer and one with a pic of a checkered flag... The g-Meter and temp screens are under one of those two icons. I can never remember which one.

From the main menu, go into either of those two icons (long right press) and then toggle through the sub-items until you’ve found what you want. The shift lights should still work (if the wheel is seeing engine RPMs) while in those other modes
Appreciate 0