Drives: M3CS & Cayman S

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny250 View Post
Hey folks,

bought a wheel second hand and i think i got some work to do, i've provided a picture of the wiring and i know i need to repin some of these. i also need help finding out what sockets i am missing so i can buy some from the dealership. can anyone help me identify the wires in my picture?

you don't necessarily need to use BMW connectors/sockets since all your wiring will basically be taps. any standard connector will be fine. for series connection, you will need to cut the individual wires further up the main wire loom, attach connectors on both ends, then attach them to the wheel harness accordingly. it may be possible to just tap some of them in parallel, but off the top of my head, i don't know which ones are possible.

iirc, the only socket required is the one that goes into the wheel control unit and another for the optional external timing device. the rest of the wiring at the FEM and wheel that required re-pinning was to attach either a series or parallel connector while maintaining the factory pins to easily return it to stock.
Appreciate 1
Johnny2501044.00