Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9805 E46 ZCP 6MT and '9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessir
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcLusso View Post
No one is pushing away people modifying their cars. It's just wrong however of a vendor to push a part as "necessary preventative maintenance" warning those who don't that they will have their engine at risk for catastrophic failure.

If TPG didn't push the part like it was needed by all, there would be no discussion. That is what they did as seen by the wording in their forum and facebook posts where they utilize a scare tactics to create sales.

And they still are selling a part for a profit (not to help the community) that is known to fail on their site even after all of this. It's clear that they don't care. If they cared about this community the part would no longer be for sale.
Fair enough and valid points. I am not taking sides here. I just think people are pretty harsh on Sameet who has absolutely nothing to gain by claiming there is a crank hub issue. His car is a beast and he found a weak point in the system. Whether it affects stock vehicles will be seen, which he has just posted evidence of. In my opinion, it's fair enough to say that a stock vehicle crank hub issue is minimal, if one does occur let manufacturer warranty sort out the issue. My car is stock, DCT. Am I afraid if there is a crank hub issue? No, because I'll let bmw handle it. I'm not going to blindly go out and buy parts to "remedy" something that most are still pessimistic about. Even if TPG made these scare tactic claims, the point of this thread is about crank hub slippage not whether TPG's product is effective, which I think we all know he answer to at this point. I'm am not condoning TPGs scare tactics but they put out a product that does not work as intended so the burden is on them. We don't need to sit here and keep pointing fingers and remind them they f'd up. Does everyone just want TPG to admit they made a mistake producing this product? It's pretty clear there is a crank hub issue on modified vehicles so let these vendors start fresh and produce a product that will allow customers to modify their cars without fear of crank hub failure.
I am not affiliated with Sameet,TPG or anyone in this thread. I only view this from a neutral perspective and have seen too much personal attacking, which does not bode well for this community. I honestly see no reason why Sameet is being attacked here except that his car ran some TPG Parts that failed on more than one occasion. If anything, we should be thanking him. Without those failures we would not know about the short comings about TPGs crank hub fix.
/rant
No, I think everyone wants TPG to stop SELLING the product.
'97 911S 6MT
Appreciate 8