Thread: M3/M4 vs. GT350
View Single Post
      12-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #2005
DNSY
Rep
Drives: 750i

Had the GT350 for 6 months.

Good:
Great on the track where I could keep it around 6000+ rpm. Great tranny, breaks and tires; excellent traction and cornering grip. No over-heating since 2017 are fitted with track pack as standard. Really amazing package for the track. More amazing if you factor in the price. Also quite comfortable with the magnetic suspension.

Bad:
Sluggish on the street since all the power are above 5000 rpm. Vague clutch feeling with stupid 2-stage clutch spring. Jumpy steering on rough road. Crappy fit and finish with wide panel gap, terrible smell of glue and plastic all the time. Definitely not a good daily for me. Exterior paint is a joke. The dealer who bought the car from me thought the car had an accident.

Problematic:
Strange shake at high rpm, I thought the car was falling apart the first time I hit the redline. Dealer said it is normal. Who knows.
My car doesn't burn oil but I only had 3500 km on it. Few track days and some daily mileages.

Overall comparing to the M4, GT350 is better prepared for the track: 295/305 PSS tires, magnetic suspension, 5.2L high-reving NA V8 and a sharp manual tranny make a superb package. On the street it just feels like a cheap Mustang with a loud exhaust.
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321116.50