View Single Post
      08-04-2020, 01:28 PM   #97
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

Dear diary,

NT01s are backordered until mid-August Ordered 4x 295/30r18 Toyo RRs. We'll see if they fit 18x11 square, otherwise will run the staggered wheel set and maybe a narrower front.

Water injection valve block arrived from Germany. Going to run a day on the RRs before I have BMW fix the block.

I left the car in the trailer after the last day, I only drove for 1 hour before putting it away due to the cooked rears. Engine oil is nearing 15 hours, which is my initial oil change target. Will send a sample out to Blackstone to start profiling the engine.

Lastly, I'm really missing wheel to wheel racing. I won't modify the GTS anymore, plus there isn't a good class to race it in locally. I think NASA GTS3 will be my target class. Less power than the GTS, but similar lap times due to heavy aero. I'm really leaning M235ir clone, but an E46M3 would be the easy answer. A basic build will be chassis + cage + suspension + differential for winter 2020. Maybe front brakes. Tough it out on 18x9s while I learn the class/chassis. Wish the M235ir had depreciated more, but two $80k BMWs in 12 months would not go over well and I'm not ready to split with the GTS.

Anywho, now time to find the money for this boondoggle. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theox05 View Post
Great looking car Gomeler! I think we met at HPR back in June, I'm the guy with the C5Z at the track but a M4 Comp at home. I believe I came by and admired your ride. Again, amazing looks on that GTS.
I think you were parked right next to the GTS3 E46M3s? Think you had just acquired your C5Z? Holler if you're out there again, curious how your C5Z adventure is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
Now I just need to disable all the buttons on the wheel. I occasionally was hitting I think the voice command button with my palm on low-speed corners. Not a huge issue, just a minor distraction and annoyance.

That is both funny and sometimes annoying, good call to disable these buttons - except M1/M2
My palms just sometimes end up mashing stuff in corners sometimes. Might not be an issue now that I'm no longer death gripping the wheel.
Appreciate 0