View Single Post
      01-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #11
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Ok so I owned a 2014 RS7 and had some of the same thoughts you did. I thought it was a bit floaty understanding the weight was a factor (I had the spring suspension) and also the rear end need a spoiler or something to fix the lines IMHO.

I installed these sway bars on the car and it really transformed it; no it didn't fix the weight issue but it clearly made lateral movement better and pulled out some of that nasty Quattro understeer. I also tuned the car and it was a keeper. I usually keep cars 6-9 months (except the BS and R8) and the RS7 lasted 11 LOL which says a lot for me. You might want to consider this, if you haven't already along with a tune which will give you crazy dig and roll performance.

Here is my quote at Audizine and the thread with the sways:

RS7 SWAY BAR THREAD

Quote:
Ok so the install is all done. Thanks Greg (I think that's who helped me last night) and Chris today plus Team Eurocode for providing excellent service and getting the job done promptly. I didn't get numerous opportunities to drive the car hard and test the product as I had traffic on the way back home but there were pockets where I was able to open up the car.

First off, I have a DRC car (steel springs) and have replaced those with KW sleeve kits to lower it, so my car is probably a little stiffer than a stock DRC car with KW's spring rates and definitely more stiff than an air car.

The car on the way home felt very stable and in a straight line there was minimal to zero tramlining which I always experience with my PS2 tires at 295x30x21. The groves in the Cali Freeways lead to this and on the way to Eurocode I could definitely feel it happening at various speeds. On the way home it was gone. With my limited chances to push the car I was able to clearly tell the lack of roll on quick lane changes at higher speeds. I normally feel myself moving in the seat a bit against the change but it just wasn't there. The car felt even more planted in this situation. I was able to take several higher speed turns, which I have taken before, and clearly the car was more upright and that inertia feel was not there. The car felt great and on one higher speed bend (100+++) the car was awesome. Its great cheap mod that doesn't take too much time. When I exited and was able to take sharper slower speed turns, the car felt more tossable like it lost 500 lbs. Finally, as Kiku attested, the Quattro steering understeer has been diminshed and the steering feel more engaging than before. I need to get out again with the car on some open roads to provide further feedback but so far so good. Some could say its a placebo feel but its just not the case. That, at times, can be associated that with someone who has to justify an expense purchase coupled with labor and this was neither.

Thanks to the Eurocode guys for this mod.... oh I also gained 75 hp at wheels (I lie).
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1