MChat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 (en route)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC_Garrett View Post
I agree rebound/droop is very important, but having a TON isn't always necessary and can sometimes have a negative impact overall.
Been lurking in this thread reading up on the great info. I had Mopar Stage 3R (made by KW, IIRC) coilovers on my SRT-4 with helper springs. It handled extremely well and had great street manners. So I'm leaning toward the KW V3's for my M3 when the time comes.

Anyway, I was thinking about what was being said about droop/sag. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a car with more droop require stronger swaybars to counteract the body roll? For instance my Jeep has 14" (travel) coilovers on the front and 12" coilovers on the rear. The majority of the travel on both the front and the rear is on the rebound side rather than the compression side. The Jeep has no swaybars at all and on the street going around corners, the body roll is extremely pronounced.

Lastly I have a quick question, I've been looking for the answer in the suspension and tires/wheels threads but haven't found it yet: Are coilovers required to fit the wider tires (e.g. 265 front / 305 rear)?

2016 BMW M3 (stock)
2005 Jeep LJ (slightly modified)
Appreciate 0