RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
At Bimmerfest but a couple points stand out. The 435i is gonna be $60k, WOW! That car had better be the equal if not better than this current E9x M3 to demand the same money. Secondly, there is no doubt in my mind now the new M3/4 will be EPIC! However $80k base puts it in a strange space. It HAS to be $20k better than the current gen and nearly as good as a (991)911 for $20k less. ALL AT THE SAME TIME. BMW has managed to pull this trick off with every gen M3 but the market is changing and this E9x M3 is so good I just don't know if they can do it again. But if anybody can, it's BMW...
You seem very knowledgeable and have always posted a lot of good stuff, but do you think the M4 will really be a base price of 80k? I was thinking that a loaded M4 without CCB's would be about 85 to 87k. If the base price is 80k and you put about 12k worth of options (not including CCB) then the M4 will be at the base price of an M5 and once CCB are added it would be well into M5 territory. What are everyone's thoughts on this?
Appreciate 0