12-28-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
YMS
Y Motorsport
Rep
Drives: M4 M3

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi BMW Fans,

As many of you know, I am a M4GTS owner that has been extensively modifying my car to make it faster on the race track. I have always believed that the street legal track car standard is the Porsche GT3RS and I must admit that any form of the BMW M4 including the GTS is miles away from the GT3RS. Yes, the M4 is much cheaper than a GT3RS but there is no amount of bolt on modifications that will make the M4 perform on the level of the GT3RS; however, I have a solution! First, I would like to give an introduction about myself.

My name is Yufeng or you can just call me Y. I have been a professional race car driver for a number of years racing all over world in various formula car and GT championships. Throughout my racing career, I have noticed that the teams and personnel at the pinnacle of motorsport rarely have an interest to offer their knowledge and services to street cars. If just a small amount of race engineering went into a street car, it might be able to go substantially faster on a race track. The truth is, a properly set up race car is much easier and enjoyable to drive at speed than a street car. I want to give fellow street car owners the opportunity to feel the sensation of driving a properly engineered race car without losing the ability to drive their cars on the street. To fulfill that ambition, I started YMS.

YMS is a Los Angeles based professional race shop that does everything from bolt on installations to race car design. We give street car owners access to motorsport level services such as alignment and corner balance on a full blown race car set up pad done by real race car mechanics. Our technical director Ricardo Divila is officially the most experienced race car designer and engineer in the world. Some of his achievements include designing numerous Formula 1 cars, engineering two Formula 1 World Championships, technical director at Nissan Motorsports (Nismo) from 1996-2012, designing all the Nissan Skyline and GTR race cars, and engineering the Nissan GTR Nismo Nurburgring lap record. Our shop manager/chief mechanic used to manage the biggest Lamborghini Super Trofeo team in the world and orchestrated 3 Lamborghini Super Trofeo World Championships titles in a row. We apply the same philosophy used in professional motorsport to every job from a simple suspension overhaul all the way to frame up builds.

We are currently taking a BMW M4 and a brand new Toyota Supra, stripping them down to the frame, and turning them into track day specials that can be daily driven on the street. We are considering doing a small production run for these cars and trying to see how many people would be interested in owning OEM quality street registered track cars that can beat GT4 race cars on track. The cars have a base mechanical design and the rest can be spec'd in any way desired. The base price of the cars will be much less than entry level super cars and the cars will also come with warranties.

Design Philosophy
1. Car need to appear, function, and feel OEM
2. Car need to be possible to daily drive on the street
3. Car will generate most the lap time through the suspension and weight reduction
4. Price point must be much lower than a entry level super car

Chassis
1. FIA roll cage
2. Lightened vehicle frame
3. All deflection points removed
4. Optional air jacks

Interior
1. OEM dash, center console, and carpet retained
2. Carbon fiber interior panels
3. Optional A/C and radio
4. FIA standard bucket seats with 6 point harnesses
*optional Formula 1 style seat insert custom made for driver*
5. Interior can be spec'd in any configuration expect for safety equipment
6. Optional carbon fiber dash and center console

Suspension
1. Fully adjustable
2. Motorsport dampers (2 way, 3 way, 4 way)
3. Lightened suspension assembly
4. Optimized suspension geometry

Aerodynamics
1. M4GTS or GT4 front splitter with scrape protection
2. M240Ir or GT4 rear wing
3. M4 GT4 hood
4. Optional carbon fiber fenders
5. Optional carbon fiber trunk
6. Optional carbon fiber doors
7. Optional lightweight glass
8. Optional aero optimized under tray

Drivetrain
1. Dual clutch or manual transmission
2. Motorsport differential
3. Optimized final drive
4. Optional cooling ducts
5. Optional coolers

Steering
1. Optimized steering geometry
2. OEM electronic power steering
3. OEM, aftermarket, or formula style steering wheel
4. Optional custom steering position

Engine
1. Unrestricted OEM engine with custom calibration
2. Light weight exhaust with motorsport mufflers
*Exhaust can be optioned in titanium or inconel*

Electronics
1. Motorsport battery
2. Optional M4 GT4 electronics package
3. Optional motorsport ABS/traction control
4. Optional fire suppression system

Brakes
1. Motorsport system
2. Optional manual pedal box with brake bias control

Wheels
1. 18x11 motorsport wheels front and rear

Please let me know your thoughts and follow us on Instagram @ymotorsport to keep up with progress. Thank you!

Below is a youtube series we started to document our shop car:
EP1 -

Last edited by YMS; 02-10-2020 at 01:25 AM..
Appreciate 25
Gomeler500.00
Lienrocs703.00
tambat60.00
JustChris17487.50
JD11937129.50
AndrewC198910931.00
mkoesel7511.50
luke1990132.50
mcvaughan704.00
Mr Pete1596.50
chief208.00