View Single Post
      05-02-2021, 10:53 PM   #25
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Where I live we have even lower models like G20 325i, which to my knowledge doesn't exist anywhere else. The reason behind is simply our local manufacturing capability is far ahead compared to anywhere else, and is more than just sufficient to support as many variants as market can want. They even consider phasing out the 330i models because very few want it. The most would skip right straight to the M3, simple solution.

And...the 325i accounts for 95% of the G20 ever sold here...as told by my SA.

There're far far more people stretching out budget from a lesser market to buy the entry level model of higher end, than people paying premium for range topping models.

This very human nature is super exploitable, and every manufacture is trying to create as many market segments as their production capability allows. And easy trick is they do a few low value for the money models at every class and makes you think you should look up a class to find yourself the bang for the buck model...
In effect that is people gravitating to the lowest of a chassis, or the highest. Whereas in the E39 as an example people had about 6 different engines to choose from that may have met different niches.