07-22-2019, 07:43 AM   #87
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Congrats on the '20.

2 rwd m cars, so I can accept m xdrive on the G80. It won't handle like an Audi. The F90 front axle is excellent (even pushed on track), so confident the G80 will be just fine there. The awd does change the driving approach though, makes it less challenging and entertaining, imo. The F90 is pretty GTR mid corner to corner exit.

But if they destroy the styling like this I can't follow.

agree the overall direction is discouraging -- in the era of C8, more power from a turbocharged engine + awd seems feeble. It will achieve acceleration numbers and post amazing lap times (awd), but if you've been around since e36/e46/e39 era, that just seems empty.
+1

Things I hate:
Regular automatics
AWD
Electric power steering
Turbo engines

Then I drive the F90 Comp hard back to back with the DCT M3 and the auto shifts really well and the AWD seems to only do good things and not piss me off

I dislike the overall direction of M from a theoretical perspective, but then heavily track the current generation and it's everything I could ask for. They are still getting the basics right, consistently

On paper the C8 is wonderful, but the previous Z06 was also wonderful and it turned out to be a steaming turd for track use because they screwed up on the cooling. I hope the C8 Z06 will fix this but I'm not confident.
Appreciate 2