02-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #108
Krish_1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 IR F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
If you start telling people to pull your head out of their asses and call us losers, then you are going to get a reaction.

IMO, he's pushing the narrative that there is a widespread problem (same as TPG) and giving misleading info on the topic. E.g. saying a car is stock and had an issue when it obviously isn't stock.

I also disagree with people that think they can just mod their car whatever way they want and then complain that BMW has a faulty design. Maybe the crank hub is a bad design and maybe it isn't. We certainly are not getting anywhere with anecdotes and misleading info IMO.
Not unlike the oil cooler episode of last year, I learnt a few things from this thread, things I may not have known if people like Sameet and OP didn't come forward: The stock crank hub may or may not have an issue, and I definitely don't think TPG's solution works. I don't have DCT, but I will be more aware while driving my car. In that sense, I think they've contributed to the forum, but that's my opinion

For what it's worth, I too don't agree with people modding the s*t out of their car and then blaming bmw for it.
Appreciate 5