View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #32
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Well from my perspective the C coupe is 100% guaranteed. I don't care what speculation might remain out there, to me there is absolutely no chance - zero - that Mercedes intro'd the W204 coupe half way through the chassis cycle only to opt not to follow up with a W205 successor. I mean that scenario just makes no sense whatsoever.

None of that is relevant to the convertible, however.
You are totally right ... no one denies an comming W205 coupe, this will come for sure, only the convertible is under strong questioning.

And about the engine I would spend my money on an M157 with around 500hp and an debut of the all new M177 in the "Porschekiller" GT End of 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The existence of the current E class coupe did not prevent the W204 C Class coupe, so I don't see why the existence of the E convertible will prevent an C convertible either.

CLA convertible is in a different segment, just like A3 convertible vs. A4 convertible.

In any case I agree a C AMG convertible is not a sure bet, but I give it a good shot.
The main problem is that there is allready an C-Class convertible - named E-Class convertible and some MB officials think that if could be possible to sell two coupes (for different typs of customers) in the segment, that doesn´t mean that its possible with an convertible ... there is no smaller coupe in the portfolio but with the A-Class an smaller convertible ... and C-Class Coupe and E-Class Coupe are for totally different customers - C-Class as sporty Coupe and E-Class as luxury Coupe, that the reason that there is no E-Class Coupe AMG Modell ... Convertibles in MB terms are all more luxury cars ... sporty and open meens SLK and SL.

You are right, that its A-Class convertible vs. A3 convertible but also E-Class Convertible vs. A5 convertible ... so I think first they would spend their money in an C-Class Sportcoupe aimed against A5 Sportback and 3er GT and an C-Class convertible is only possible when the E-Class Convertible gets bigger and was based on the new E-Class.

Last edited by BMW M3 CRT; 10-24-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0