View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #33
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
You are totally right ... no one denies an comming W205 coupe, this will come for sure, only the convertible is under strong questioning.
I thought that's what you meant when you were saying "Sportcoupe instead", but I see now that by "Sportcoupe" you were referring to a BMW GranCoupe or Gran Turismo competitor.

Quote:
And about the engine I would spend my money on an M157 with around 500hp and an debut of the all new M177 in the "Porschekiller" GT End of 2014.
M178 for that one.

Maybe M157 is used initially but I doubt it lasts. All AMG will go to the M177 or M178 eventually, and it makes little sense for the C AMG to have a 5.5L turbo when all of the more expensive models have the 4.0L.

Quote:
...so I think first they would spend their money in an C-Class Sportcoupe aimed against A5 Sportback and 3er GT and an C-Class convertible is only possible when the E-Class Convertible gets bigger and was based on the new E-Class.
They can simply end production of the current E convertible once the C convertible is ready if that is necessary to prevent canibalization. The C will probably be higher margin.

By the way, there are spy shots of the W205 convertible so it's coming.
Appreciate 0