CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboyE92 View Post
Can you elaborate on why the CS is better than Euro?

For track use, RE71R tires and TC Kline coilovers... using US MDM, power on track out is limited almost every corner.

Does CS vs Euro help in the situation above? Or only full DSC off?
I had coded Euro MDM on my previous 2015 M4 and found it much improved over the overly restrictive US MDM. I could get much more slip angle before it intervened at lower speeds. However, at higher speeds, it still mirrored the base DSC and was still too restrictive for the slip angles I use on track.

With my stock CS MDM, I can get crazy sideways driving in the snow before it intervenes that I don't use DSC off in the snow any more. On track, it also allows for more slip angles at higher speeds compared to Euro MDM. The interventions are very subtle and I don't see the DSC light flashing at all. I still find it too restrictive for my driving style though. The first time I took my CS to the track, I first started with MDM and was impressed by how little it interveened. I was however left a little uneasy with some odd handling quirks in transitions. When I switched DCS completely off, these quirks were gone and the chassis handling became sublime.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0