08-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #27
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
The thing is the second the M4 is on the streets, the M3 will take a big hit in residual value, hurry up and sell now if you're thinking about selling, 2nd i will never understand why on earth somebody would pay around 70k for 2013 M3 when they know the M4 is coming months away, i mean who buys a car in the last year of production, that is 6 years old, does that sound like a good purchase to you? just curious as to why would people do that? except for people that buys this kinds of car just because of status and has no knowledge of cars, but you're member of this forum, you're smart, thats not your case so why buy an 13 m3?
I got a m3 because i wanted one since 2009, so it had more than a performance value to me. I knew it was getting old and yes i got it on the last year of production.

i will admit, i wish i had this car in 2008 not 2013. Pretty much i agree with what you said. which is why i did a prepaid 3 year lease . I don't care about resale value and don't care about any long term problems with my car. i just enjoy it!

I will be able to pick up a M4 on second or 3rd year production. if i want, its perfect.
Appreciate 0