View Single Post
      05-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #15
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
I agree based on historical price increases between generations that seems low but do you really think they would price it way above the S5 and C63? Seems like a bad move for a company jockeying for "top luxury car manufacturer."
I don't think that the S5 or its pricing are material to the discussion since a future M Performance 3 Series offering will match or beat that car's performance and will also likely be similarly priced. An RS5 on the other hand already comes very close to $70k. The next generation RS5 (which should come closer to the release of the next A5 than in the past) will most probably push that price into the low $70k range at least.

And we don't know next generation C63 pricing yet, but we should expect an increase there too. There will only be a very small overlap in availability for the F80 M3 and W204 C63.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
It will be interresting to see how it pans out here in Canada where the price of the M5 dropped by $10 000 going from the E60 to the F10. A loaded M3 goes for $85-90k where the M5 starts at $105k. Any big increase on the M3 will put it in M5 territory.
Yes, Canada is certainly a different animal. The pricing shift for the F10 M5 would appear to be an effort to bring a bit more partity between the US price and you folks in the Great White North are asked to fork over. It doesn't necessarily mean the M3/M4 price will also decrease from the E9x models, but it may be that the increase is small, or that pricing stays roughly the same. I wouldn't want to speculate too much about that, but I'm pulling for you guys.
Appreciate 0