View Single Post
      01-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #15
Captain45
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 - SG

I saw the M3 and M4 at the NAIAS last night as well. Im not sold. Not because its not a beautiful car. It definitely is. It just doesnt seem as aggressive as the E92. The rear end is windswept a bit too much, giving it a longer appearance. A bit too long IMO. The M3 actually looks a bit more fitting because the longer wheelbase is appropriate for the 4 doors. M4 just appears too long.

The car is wide for sure, however it doesnt appear so. The Fendor flares and bottom side skirts are more subdued which give it a less aggressive stance. I am not liking the side gills either, I felt the horizontal gills of the E92 transitioned well with the rest of the body lines. The new ones look cheap and out of place. I am still undecided on the side mirrors as well. The half painted half plastic and lack of aerodynamic styling as seen on the E92 appear a bit cheap as well. Wheel gap is horrendous as well. I'm hoping that will change in production

Its still a great looking car, just not beastly looking. Im digging the A/C seats though!

Last edited by Captain45; 01-17-2014 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 0