11-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
You forget the cost savings comments from Albert Biermann in this Interview - especially in case of the engine... and that the overall tenor of the Artikel looks like Sportauto was no soooo happy about the engine descission.
The following artikle in this mag is an really great hommage at the old S65 and shows Sportauto's real intentions !!!
Thanks, I tried to relay the info to the best of my competence. But since both German and English are my second languages I do not grasp every nuance (as I also stated in my first post).

However I can't find any negativity towards the S55 in the article at all. They do describe Biermanns increasing joy as speed builds and the engines power is used.

Perhaps you could translate the parts that I don't "get" in the German text?

What parts of cos savings did I miss out? I mentioned the comment on electro mechanical steering, and that's the only direct comment I can find in the article. There are no cost saving comments related to the engine in the article. Only info as regards the oil pan in Magnesium, forged crank, extra cooling etc. All costly improvements over the N55...
Appreciate 0