View Single Post
      10-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #174
RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
By keeping the interiors of BMW's to the level that they are (using Porsche as an example only), the cost of the M4 should be kept in check better. For a base 911, the full leather interior is $6000 and carbon fiber trim is another $2000. If BMW offered these as options you might get some takers, but some will refuse to spend the money but at least people won't complain about the base price. Now, if these become standard options to choose from, then I think the base price would have to go up and a lot of people will complain about the price encroaching upon other price brackets.

With my Cayenne S I love the full leather interior and options that we put on it, but if I had to do it over, I don't think I would load it up the same. We put more money in options than the cost of our GTI! I think I would still like the Cayenne the same with fewer options and more important things at least in place (V8, air suspension, etc.). For me, the full leather interior (though nice) is not a necessity and even without it the interior would still be quite nice with just the full leather seats.
Appreciate 0