View Single Post
      12-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #140
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post

The problem is, a lot of the (again "majority) "I-can-afford-a-V8/exotics-car" type of crowd don't appreciate/want a turbo engine whereas a lot of the "I-like-0-60-times-more-and-want-a-JB3-tune" crowd loves the new car but most probably won't even come close to buying one. Again, these are generalizations and there will be exceptions to this rule, but "majority" is the majority.
and I have no idea how a v8 engine is called more exotic? v8 =/ exotic. V8s are found in sub 30k muscle cars and trucks as well as exotics. Not all v8s are the same and same goes for turbo motors. The tech in the s55 makes it nothing like the n54 or anything else in its price range.

there are many many many cars with turbo engines that are exotics and have fantastic performance which is what I am after and appreciate on the track and on the street.

1) F40
2) GTR
3) Porsche turbo
4) Porsche GT2
5) McLaren MP4-C

to name a few.

And your 1 in 20 reference to who prefers the new m3 is not realistic and supported by no data.

Again, I appreciate your opinion, but don't agree with it. The s55 and new tech in the m3 will give it the performance in a straight line that it needed to match the rest of the cars attributes. Not to mention the new improved stock brakes and weight loss.