12-31-2013, 03:51 AM   #251
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
as far as the engine goes, your definition of warmed over and mine are not the same. other than being a 3L turbo, nothing else is similar between the n55 and s55.

i track and DD my car, so having more efficiency, more power under the curve, more tech, lighter weight, much more performance and better brakes is nothing but a good thing.
i am not here trying to start another debate.

rather maybe trying to help to understand a different view point, on what that guy was talking about. even if you disagree with the view point.

its clear they are not the "same" engines.they have many different parts. we all can come to a agreement on that.

i am not sure about all the M cars in the past. but recent (E46-E92-E60) M generations the M engines were CLEARLY different machines (engine).

these new engines are made by the same people on the same plant as everything else(maybe not designed by them) . the engines are made with less "love" if you will. It would almost be a blaspheme for a M car to even share the same displacement or block/size of other non M cars. i have never seen a car company make much dramatic changes before in recent history.

Its CLEAR the E60 M5 was packing a different beast over the non m 5 series. it was CLEAR the E90 m was packing a different engine over a 335i or 328i. even though the E46 was a I6 engine, it was worlds better than any I6 engine BMW was making at that time.

sure you can give me all specs and different parts on the new M4 engine, and why it is different.

but the fact that this is even up for a debate sums it all up. there was ZERO debate on the E60 M5 vs 5 series. Zero debate on the E90 engine vs 335i engine. because the engines were much more dramatically different.

but with all that said. i honestly feel BMW can no long make engines like that because its way to costly. putting V10 engines in a dam sedan is quote Frankly insane. or a gas guzzling high revving M V8. the party if over in that sense.

i feel BMW is going in a direction where they should be going. making engines and cars that turn profit. and please most of the population. people usually just look at specs on paper any how.
Appreciate 0