View Single Post
      12-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #254
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
ya like i said its not the same engine. to some people it FEELS to similar. that is 100% opinion based. sharing the same block for some people could be to much. does that mean they are wrong ? no.

you also gotta understand. styling, performance, interior, tech, AND bespoke engines. M use to make. so you got people here why like that kind of stuff. BMW M were making the same type of engines. then all of a sudden they dramatically changed there engine line up across the board. even non M cars did the same thing. its hard for me to believe they use to put a V10 in a road car.

i use to own a 2010 328i before getting my M3. i actually to this day miss that car. even loved the engine (believe it or not). The engine sounded good, and was smooth.

i have driven a few F30 328s. must say i was very disappointed. the car has totally loss all steering feel and 4 banger turbo is awful. even with a M sport package wasn't enough.

its almost like when BMW lost the "E" and went to F series they also left a bit of there soul behind.
agree about the new f cars, but I think the problem is different in why each one sucks. the bad tuning on the electric steering and a softer sprung car is mostly to blame on the f30, and the electric steering AND mainly the massive weight gain and use of the 7 series chassis is the problem on the f10.

that's also the problem on the m5, and that's why I think the m3 will not suffer the same problems as the f10 m5 did. the m5 is on a 7 derived series chassis / wheelbase and gained 400 lbs. the m3 is not on that chassis and will have lost 200 lbs. very different.

its not like the m3 is a limited edition ferarri or something, its a mass market road car that isn't particularly rare. the performance, feel and looks are what matters (like you said) and I think the m3 will deliver in spades.

Last edited by Black Gold; 12-31-2013 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0