03-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #147
F80_Greg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Hmmm I posted up some video demos of other users with different tuners that had antilag enabled, but I think they got taken down. Regardless, judging from those videos, it looks super fun! Can't wait to see more BM3 antilag videos.

Quick Q. How bad or how taxing is antilag to the system? Currently I'm on acn91 stage 1 but if I add the custom rom feature to my stock Map, thus having less power, would the antilag be less taxing to the system? Haha i wouldn't mind less power if I could play around with antilag.
It's definitely not good for the engine or power train, no performance mod is in that sense. Essentially antilag retards the timing quite a bit and adds extra fuel to build boost while trying to hold the vehicle speed steady. It's not good for your engine, turbo manifolds, turbos, gearbox, and rear end due to sudden shock of near instant peak boost and really hot temps. I guess just don't over do it, should be fine