View Single Post
      07-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #71
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfEightyM3 View Post
You've got it all pegged wrong. I like the car, I just don't love it. I am far from the first person that feels this way about it.
Objectively it's a better performing car...that's a given since I can't think of a performance car where performance didn't move forward from a previous generation.
Subjectively, it has a lot of things I wish were better...of course this can be said of many cars as well. But there's a few things that truly don't sit well with me.
I just have not found the car as enjoyable as I would have hoped.
As far as being tail happy, yes it is. It has good front grip (not great but better than other Ms), and not enough rear grip given the close to 500 hp and torque the car is putting out. I just wish it were a bit more planted without so much throttle snap oversteer. Would be nice to be able to get rid of the auto rev match in Sport mode too since Sport + the throttle is too short.
I get the situation completely (I was the same way about my previous car.. an E89 Z435), and where I'm coming from is that if you don't love your car, you gotta replace it. You spent 991 money (i.e. $89k) for your car and that sucks if you don't love it.

Personally, I think the "snap oversteer issue" is really that the PSS get greasy quickly (ie 3-4 laps) and there is a lot of torque so you have to be more patient with the throttle (i.e. tire change and driving style change)

EDIT: Porsche Macan.. lol 328 performance for M3 money.. fail...
Appreciate 0