Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 f82

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojs View Post
Here is my track setup.

Square (i.e. 4x) rear 18x10 OEMs with 285/30R18 Michelin Sport Cups.
The tire is significantly shorter than stock (49mm on the rear axle), which means a 1 inch lower ride height and a 1 inch bigger wheel gap. I have no ESP issues either on the street or on the track (where I drive either in MDM or fully off, depending on my level of experience on a particular track). The speed reading is obviously off (~8%), as is the cars mileage after a while.
The short sidewall and the wider front tire is a tremendous improvement in handling and braking. The possibility to rotate is another obvious advantage. The particular size is popular with Porsches so the tire choice and pricing is good here in Europe.

The rear sits pretty much the same as stock (after all it is a stock rear tire), tire width increase is insignificant. The fronts required a 15mm spacer to clear the struts. I have a feeling you cant go any other size of spacer, as on the inside the little whiskers on the tire sidewall already leave a mark on the strut (i.e. less than 5-6 mm clearance) and the outside is perfectly flush. Also at full steering lock there is a comfortable ~0.5 inch of clearance to the wheel well. A 285/35 sidewall tire would probably have trouble clearing.

Sorry for the crappy pic, but its the only one I have, and now the wheels are off for the winter.
You must have been on that Nurburgring video at that gas station. I was wondering what your setup was. This is good info, thanks for sharing.
Nope, never been to N-ring. Hockenheim, Lausitzring, yes.
Appreciate 0