View Single Post
      03-20-2014, 10:14 PM   #85
darkalley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Gone- 08 DCT SSII, 2006 SMG
Location: Current: 2014 BMW 4-Series Convert for the fiance w M Package, F150, 06 S2000, 08 911 c4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
I agree with you 100% Kenny. I drove a 991 S cabriolet and it was awesome. However, that is in the 115k-120k range easily and that is quite a jump from the Cayman and Boxster. I like the Cayman and Boxster, but I always have felt that Porsche was not doing the most with this platform. For 80 to 90 k for a Cayman s or gts, I don't want to drive something that I feel is a compromise in the power department.

So many variables factor into a sports car other than an engine alone, but the Cayman and Boxster engine just seems lacking (especially in base form). I also don't like the idea that I have to rev the hell out of anything to just be able to get it to go. I feel that a sports car should go from the point you put your foot down and doesn't let up. I also feel that the V8 in the R8 was lacking when I drove it on the track, the V10 was a completely different story (passenger only in the V10).

These are just my opinions and are not intended to insult anyone, but I think the Cayman GTS should have been pushing closer to the 390 hp mark rather than just 340 hp (10 hp bump over the S).
I wouldn't be surprised if porsche is downplaying the HP numbers or 0-60 times. Remember you can't get too close to the 911S... I think a one year old GTS for $55k will be an interesting car next year!