08-22-2019, 12:59 PM   #22
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Agreed. You have one limited segment which is people who want a wagon. Then another limited segment which is people who can afford a $100k+ car. Put them together and I dont see there being huge demand.
You can look at the price of the RS5 or the sales numbers on the F90 M5 as a good indicator of how this will end up already.

Everyone can say the RS5 or the M5 are far more practical but both of these cars sell in rather limited numbers already. Then you add in the wagon part of the RS6 Avant, which lets be honest, US buyers don't like wagons. I don't see this going well sales wise.

This is another one of those, "buyers" clamoring for this Avant but the amount of people actually going to end up buying it will be extremely little. You can get the Benz E63 AMG Wagon and yet, how many do you see on the road? Very, VERY little.

With how Audi prices cars, my educated guess is, this will easily hit 140k with options. WHich is what I have been saying, if Audi wants to do this correctly, they SHOULD do it with the RS4, judge the market first before they do the RS6 Avant. That is the more practical route, not this bring RS6 first, probably fail and not do this again.
GERMAN M34181.00
Shadow2121.00
BigHunk269.50