Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
This will be the most strategic acquisition for BMW. Imagine the Range Rover Line up with the BMW platform and drivetrain, B58 and N63 engines?

It would make RR perfect.
I am sorry but the wife had x5's (e53 and 3 e70's all V8's) and did not really like the F15 so she moved over to the RR sport Supercharged. She likes the RR better than the X5. Personally I think the SC v8 in the RR is better than the BMW TTv8.

As for electronics, Land Rover would GREATLY BENEFIT from a merger with BMW. LR tech is basically Ford's interpretation of the Sync system on top of what LR had and is shit. Not to mention all the stupid features which LR implements in there own way which is super frustrating. The adopted some ford ideas like cutting all power once a car door is opened so you can't shut a window once the car is shut off and a door is opened. Or the stupid fact you cannot lock the car if anything is opened. So if you lock the door before your kid shuts the door it won't lock. The list just grows form this
No way! Bmws twin turbo v8 is so much better...
Different strokes for different folks - having driven both , I personally like the 5.0SC V8 better over bmw's TT-V8. The former feels a lot more "muscley" and definitely a lot more smoother than the Ttv8. But the latter may have better performance figures and specific output. Also ... jlr I feel has done a lot better job at exhaust tuning and sound on the different exhaust systems that they pair in different applications of that engine — the f type SVR sounds wicked , the xjr575 sounds sonorously good and the RR applications as well as the f-pace svr all sound ohh so good. None of the ttv8 applications sound good to my ear including the M6
Appreciate 1
MRV99253.50