03-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #14
JRV
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
the car just makes no sense, and yet again, basically race tires vs crappy RFT street tires. put them all on the same tires and the z28 will not win.

see the attachment for the difference between a semi slick and a street tire (check both zr1 times, 7 second difference on the ring). these new Pirelli tires are more aggressive than PScups.

I don't understand chevy building this car on such a compromised and terrible platform like the heavy and ponderous Camaro. Why start with a 4000+ lb car? Why not provide this tech to the vette which is already a great platform?

Ill use the same analogy I used on another forum......chevy choosing the Camaro over the vette is akin to having the opportunity to train any person you wanted to become an elite NBA player and you chose David Stern (Camaro) over Lebron James (vette). Makes zero sense to me.

If anything, its more disappointing because you have to wonder what the vette would be like with all these additions.
Here is one run at the Ring where it posted 7:37.47, last minute in rain. Not too shabby

Appreciate 0