01-29-2019, 08:58 PM   #27
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
As posted previously, both the M3cs and M4cs come with PSS in the US. PSC2 are standard in the ROW with PSS offered as a no cost option on both cars.

As far as I know, there isn't a different suspension tuning between US spec cars and ROW, be it M3cs or M4cs. However, it seems that the M3cs is more softly sprung than the M4cs since it uses base springs while the M4cs uses the CP springs.
Interesting about the lack of Cup2 for the US. Do you know why? I can’t imagine anyone consciously picking the PSS over the Cup2’s in markets with Cup2’s as standard.

Also, with regard to comments about the M3 CS being more softly sprung compared with rhe M4 CS using CP springs, what does that likely mean for choosing a HAS?

If the MP HAD has the spring rates matched to CP/M4CS springs, is it still rhe right choice for the M3 CS? If not, what other alternatively make sense? Does it even matter if you go KW HAS instead? And I wonder what the softer springs in the M3 CS are. Are they from a pre-CP care like the M3 as released in 2014/15?

I’ve only driven the M4 CS (my M3 CS arrives in a week!), and already I felt that car to be more comfortable than my 2018 M3 CP. If the M3 CS is going to be even more comfortable, I’m happy with that. Though I would love to know more about the base springs referenced and what the best HAS option is.
Appreciate 0