CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
Interesting about the lack of Cup2 for the US. Do you know why? I can’t imagine anyone consciously picking the PSS over the Cup2’s in markets with Cup2’s as standard. .
Only thing I can think of for the lack of PSC2 in the US is litigation concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
Also, with regard to comments about the M3 CS being more softly sprung compared with rhe M4 CS using CP springs, what does that likely mean for choosing a HAS?

If the MP HAD has the spring rates matched to CP/M4CS springs, is it still rhe right choice for the M3 CS? If not, what other alternatively make sense? Does it even matter if you go KW HAS instead? And I wonder what the softer springs in the M3 CS are. Are they from a pre-CP care like the M3 as released in 2014/15?

I’ve only driven the M4 CS (my M3 CS arrives in a week!), and already I felt that car to be more comfortable than my 2018 M3 CP. If the M3 CS is going to be even more comfortable, I’m happy with that. Though I would love to know more about the base springs referenced and what the best HAS option is.
According to folks that have done the research, the M3cs use the same springs as the base (non-CP) M3, which, as far as I know, have been the same over the entire production span.

It's not an easy call regarding choosing HAS. It's not hard fact, but from what I've read and heard, BMW has not "type approved" the MP-HAS for use on the M3cs while they have on the M4cs. I am not sure why that is though. The KW HAS are even stiffer than the MP-HAS.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1