10-18-2020, 03:07 AM   #1
newtorin
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Black Sapphire

Arrow Got into accident with my brand new M4 :(

Hi!

I am new to this forum, but I hope someone could help me around here!

Got my F82 M4 only in the end of September, 2020. And unfortunately got into accident in the beginning of October (a week ago). The car is 2018 MY, but new for me and financed through BMW Financial. I hope someone can help me to better understand how to manage this situation. Other party took full blame for the accident, as he went into my lane for no reason.

I am not familiar with car parts, so I am wondering how severe the damage is, what do you think?

Repair cost is quoted for almost $21,000.
$11,200 for the parts, the rest for labor, tax, etc. All the visual damage was done only to car's left side. No airbags were deployed. The body shop is saying that there is no damage to underlying structure of the car. Accident happened at around 30mph. We were driving in opposite directions through a bend. The other car was a pick-up truck, towing an off-road vehicle. Both mine and his insurance company is GEICO and both of us are based in California.

I am just worried if the car will ever be the same and I am wondering if I can either claim the diminished value check for the car and drive it or sell the car and ask the insurance company to cover the difference when purchasing an equivalent car.

I would argue that I just bought a new car with no prior damage to it and I want to have that experience, I don't want to worry if the car will hold up or not when driving on a race track. Even if the repairs will be done perfectly my experience will not be the same.

See some pictures below:
Attached Images

Last edited by newtorin; 10-18-2020 at 03:14 AM..
Appreciate 0