05-27-2021, 09:33 PM   #29
F82///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82///M View Post
Login into connected drive website and go to the store, it'll show you everything in case US has different terms from Canada. There's bunch more options not applicable for us.

This is 2018 ID6, few things are lifetime, few 3 years from purchase date and few are good for 10 years. It looks like we should be able to use remote functions from the app without connected drive professional which is 3 years. I'll update in 20 days when mine expires.
Sorry for resurfacing this, just an update if anyone is interested, connected drive service professional has finally expired.
Seen few others mentioning no remote functions so it may be different in The States. Mine still works and as shown in screenshots in post 12, it's good for 10 years from the cars first registration, same goes for Teleservices and Emergency Calls.

Everything from the app works. Lock - unlock, flashing lights, service reminders, vehicle status, fuel level - range etc and it's location. Also sending address to the car works (Bmw messages).

Other fancy stuff is gone, map updates, street parking, fuel prices, traffic info, news, weather, can't reply text messages, it will only receive and read or forward.

Online speech processing could be affected as well, I'm assuming it's down to specific and basic phrases. Haven't used that one as much so can't tell for sure, noticed only one. Usually would say "drive me home" and it would start navigating. That command now opens up home phone number as in to call home. At least saying "go home" or "take me home" still works. Other voice commands like saying address where to go or call the name from the phone works.

It's interesting, scanned car with ISTA+ and got code "S8412 Functional limitation of connected drive headunit". Car knows service is terminated.
Appreciate 0