msmching
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini White Driving Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmching View Post
I always search YouTube video for installation guide, if not, then I'll get on here to look for one. That's why, I looked at couple of them on YouTube, which is basically, push, pull and pop it goes. And also with the heat gun as well.
If I were going to post a DIY YouTube video, I would go through all the steps first rather than do it all on the first take. So it would be pretty easy to go through all the effort to take off the original reflectors, then just kind of put them back in place for the video. That's why a YouTube video might look incredibly easy, because it's not the first time and the hard work was already done.

I had an incredibly hard time with the first reflector on my 2016 M4 (my post is above, somewhere in the late summer of 2016) and I had already done my wife's 335is coupe in 2011. The second side was easier because I knew how much force to use and I started with the heat gun the second time.

My wife's M3 is due in the next 2-3 weeks and I'm dreading the painted front reflector install. This time, I'm jacking up each side and removing the wheel so I can get inside the wheel well for more leverage, definitely using a heat gun (carefully!) and pry tools.

Note to OP: You should have used the heat gun on the inside of the wheel well...
Well, have fun with the next time! There's a lot of "should have" for me, but well, at least I learned from it this time.

I will ditch the heat gun and use hair dryer instead if I am going to do it next time. If I am not wrong, a heat gun on the back will still go wrong for the paint....
Appreciate 0