06-29-2020, 10:51 AM   #2
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshahm View Post
my dealership is taking appointments only right now for lease turn-in due to the pandemic. here's the problem: the soonest they had available was 10 days past the turn-in due date, which is 3 days past the grace period. in addition, the registration is due within that period, which is over 600 dollars. so not only is registration on my hands, but i will also have to front another month's lease payment.

it's several hours before any BMW lots are open right now for me to check on their current stances, but a couple months ago to see about lease turn-in, a neighborhood dealer informed me that i can only turn the car in at the original dealership. if i am unable to secure a turn-in with another dealer before the registration due date and before the grace period deadline, what do you suggest i do? i was thinking of at least filing as PNO (Planned Non Operational) with the DMV, which is a marginal fee, but BMW FS says the dealer would not accept the car if the registration is not paid. however, i'm not sure how the dealer would even be able to verify this especially if i sent the non-op payment via check to the DMV, and given covid, the soonest the DMV would likely have anything electronically updated in their database would be a week or so later?). if there is no way out of being able to turn the car in before the grace period, i was considering posting the car on Turo for recouping, but this seems laden with risk for repairs and more headache.

i have until 7/2 till registration is due and 7/5 until the grace period ends. the car was already pre-inspected on 6/3. please advise.
You can turn the car into any dealership not just the one you got it from, so start calling every dealer close to you and see what they have.
Appreciate 0