02-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #72
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
No rattles? No interior defects? No leaks? Nothing? Man you must be lucky.
No rattles, interior defects or leaks. The only "defect" I had was a shredded alternator belt/pulley in my 2015 F80 after I tracked it for the 5th time (was a June 2014 build - the earlier 2014 builds were somewhat known to be prone to this issue when tracking). However, I had it replaced under warranty, tracked the car several more times after that and no problems. The F8x platform is otherwise virtually indestructible on the track (I did switch tires to the Bridgestone RE71R and brake pads to Pagid RS29).

After about 7-8 all-day track sessions with the F8x (balls-out flooring it and slamming the brake pedal to the floorboard from 118 mph down to about 40, numerous other extremely hard stops from about 80 mph down to about 35, and flooring it going back into the straights - lap after lap for 25-30 minutes straight per session, times 5 sessions per day, times about 7-8 track days - you really gain a healthy respect for how robust and well-built the F8x platform is. Aside from the problem above, traded my 2015 "civic" M3 with close to 60,000 miles on it for my current 2018 M3 ZCP (can't wait to track this baby with the ZCP suspension and MPE).

In all seriousness - sorry to hear your experience with BMW was bad - but the amount of punishment these cars can take on the track and still be highly-reliable is amazing (at least based upon my experience).
Appreciate 1
dkhm31881.50