02-19-2018, 10:20 PM   #78
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
No rattles, interior defects or leaks. The only "defect" I had was a shredded alternator belt/pulley in my 2015 F80 after I tracked it for the 5th time (was a June 2014 build - the earlier 2014 builds were somewhat known to be prone to this issue when tracking). However, I had it replaced under warranty, tracked the car several more times after that and no problems. The F8x platform is otherwise virtually indestructible on the track (I did switch tires to the Bridgestone RE71R and brake pads to Pagid RS29).

After about 7-8 all-day track sessions with the F8x (balls-out flooring it and slamming the brake pedal to the floorboard from 118 mph down to about 40, numerous other extremely hard stops from about 80 mph down to about 35, and flooring it going back into the straights - lap after lap for 25-30 minutes straight per session, times 5 sessions per day, times about 7-8 track days - you really gain a healthy respect for how robust and well-built the F8x platform is. Aside from the problem above, traded my 2015 "civic" M3 with close to 60,000 miles on it for my current 2018 M3 ZCP (can't wait to track this baby with the ZCP suspension and MPE).

In all seriousness - sorry to hear your experience with BMW was bad - but the amount of punishment these cars can take on the track and still be highly-reliable is amazing (at least based upon my experience).
I'm not surprised to hear that. I do have some creaks here and there with my F80 that I didn't have with my F82 but the coupe will always have less noise due to the doors (where most of the noise comes from really) because the door seals aren't moving.

Haven't had any issues with any of my BMWs thus far but when it comes to cars and stuff, it's a lot down to luck too. There are people that are just downright unlucky when it comes to certain brands. It's like when you buy parts for a computer. You might be the type that seems to always get problems when you purchase a Seagate HDD but you don't when you buy Western Digital HDD. Then some other dude have constant problems with WD HDD but not Seagate.

Same with cars really. Who knows.

Though when it comes to engines, V8 will always sound better but not huge on interior. I'd also look super tiny in a Mustang or Charger, which I heavily considered.