View Single Post
      07-31-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
So this may sound petty, but I really, really hate that my M4 does not have ventilated seats. I have wanted ventilated seats in my cars for years, never had one with them. I suffer from chronic sweaty back. Especially on hot days when I'd like to drive with my windows down and keep the AC off but then it's just patently uncomfortable.

After 3 years, I'm at the point where I'm thinking of pouring several grand into performance mods. When I sold my 335is to get the M4, I likewise was thinking of mods but ultimately upgraded to the M4.

The lack of ventilated seats is really gnawing at me. I've ruled out any competitors that don't have them (e.g. I really like the RS5, but apparently only the S5 has them and not the RS5). This car is both my Daily Driver and Grand Tourer and I go on a lot of weekend trips, so daily comfort matters.

If I pour a few grand into mods, it'll be because I'm keeping my M4 for several more years. But I feel at my age I want to have a car I'm totally happy with and that is the one feature that's really lacking and I hate that.

What would you do in my situation?

Suck it up and upgrade the M4? Enjoy everything else about this amazing car for a few more years?

Sell the M4, get a competitor for a few years and revisit the G8X a couple of model years in if they have ventilated seats? If so, what would you recommend (I'm sticking with a coupe)? I was surprised the feature set relative to cost on the AMG C63 S. The Lexus RS F looks amazing from the outside, the dash looks like it came out of the 1990s. Even the Ford Mustang GT has ventilated seats, although I've read the M4 is a better DD.
Appreciate 0