01-20-2020, 01:16 PM   #82
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post

Being that you're in CA, I could totally understand an EV as a daily. The cost/benefit probably justifies it with such high gasoline costs and the amount of traffic. Every once in a while I toy with the idea of getting a daily EV, but in NC, gas prices are very reasonable and I simply don't drive enough miles in a year to justify the cost. Roads here have been getting more crowded, but it's still NOTHING compared to CA traffic.
Yeah that's the thing, there's tons of traffic here, gas is constantly over $4 a gallon (it's $5 in parts of LA), and I usually do a 2 hour drive to our second house in Monterey each weekend. This alone makes it the perfect commuter and road trip car, especially since I have free supercharging and a station by my house. We don't have nice open roads and backroads here in CA so driving can be a hassle at times. The Tesla just takes the edge off and makes it such a peaceful experience. I just did a road trip this weekend 3 hours north and man is it peaceful just sitting setting the autopilot and having it to all the work on the freeway and deal with traffic. When I got home last night though I did take the M3 out for some fun lol
Appreciate 0